Bethany Lutheran Church was first organized in February of 1934, almost two and one-half years after its first worship service on October 4, 1931. The church was served by student pastors from 1931 to 1943, then worship services were discontinued due to the Second World War. Worship services resumed in 1946, with Rev. Kenneth W. Ernstmeyer serving as the congregation’s first full-time, ordained pastor. Our present house of worship was dedicated on May 29, 1949 and our fellowship hall addition was dedicated on June 15, 1986. In addition, our education annex was acquired in 2002. For more history of Lutherans in Wicomico County click here.
We have been blessed by our Lord and Savior in countless ways through the years. Presently, the Lord is blessing us with the resources to facilitate an array of ministries which engage all ages of our congregation. Within our church family our ministries provide growth in our relationships with our Savior. In addition, Bethany Lutheran Church provides support for our family members who are in need.
Other ministries, blessed by our Lord, allow us to reach out beyond our church building’s walls to the local community and the world. We touch others’ lives in God’s name through the providing of food and clothing for those in need, experiencing mission trips to other regions of the world, and extending invitations to others to participate in our church family events.