Sunday School News
In March, our Sunday school children studied Jesus’ miracles and teachings. The lessons were:
- March 1: The Fish-and-Bread Sign – Jesus Feeds Five Thousand (John 6:1-15).
- March 8: A Hearing Aide – Jesus Heals a Deaf Man (Mark 7:31-37).
- March 15: A Mercy-Full Message – The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37).
- March 22: A Prayer Lesson – The Lord’s Prayer (Luke 11:1-13).
- March 29: A Shepherd Loves – The Good Shepherd (John 10:1-18; Psalm 23).
In April, we will study more of Jesus’ saving work. Here are the lesson summaries and questions to discuss with children at home:
- April 5: A Tree View – Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10). In this week’s lesson, “A Tree View,” students learn about Zacchaeus, a wealthy tax collector, who anxiously awaits the arrival of Jesus. Short of stature, Zacchaeus climbs a tree to see the Savior. Despite criticism, Jesus invites Himself to the tax collector’s home. Motivated by Christ’s compassion, Zacchaeus confesses his sin and promises to make restitution. Families could discuss, “How does Jesus motivate you to make a difference in your world?”
- April 12: A Living Truth – Jesus Rises (Matthew 28:1-15) (Easter Sunday, annual egg hunt and puppet show): The women who witness Christ’s burial are the first to witness His resurrection. With great joy, they run to tell His disciples that Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia! Discuss, “How can we as a family spread the word of Christ’s resurrection?”
- April 19: A Revealing Truth – The Emmaus Road (Luke 24:13-35). On Easter afternoon, Jesus joins two disciples discussing the events of the past week in Jerusalem while on their way to Emmaus. Along the way, Jesus interprets the Old Testament prophecies concerning Himself. Arriving at Emmaus, the disciples suddenly recognize Jesus, who then disappears from sight. The disciples quickly return to Jerusalem to share their amazing account. Discuss how you, too, can share this amazing story.
- April 26: An Ascending Truth – Jesus Ascends (Luke 24:44-53; Acts 1:1-11). During His last days on earth, Jesus instructs His disciples, preparing them for the challenges that lie ahead. Gathering His disciples on the Mount of Olives one last time, Jesus physically ascends to heaven. Two angels repeat Christ’s promise to return in the same way He ascended into heaven. Discuss, “What great commission does Jesus give His followers?”