Sunday School News
In November, our Sunday school children continued their study of the Old Testament. The lessons were:
- November 3: A Loving Law – The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-21)
- November 10: The Land at Last (Joshua 3:1-4:18)
- November 17: A Judge Leads – Gideon (Judges 7:1-23)
- November 24: A Prophet Serves – Samuel (1 Samuel 3)
Our December schedule will be as follows:
- December 1: There will be no Sunday School the Sunday after Thanksgiving in order to give Sunday School teachers an opportunity to spend the weekend with their families.
- December 8: A King Forever – David (1 Samuel 16:1-13). Today’s lesson looks forward to our forever king, Jesus. God sends Samuel to anoint the next king of Israel, with the reminder, “The LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7). God rejects each of Jesse’s sons, so Samuel sends for the youngest, David, whom God has chosen to become the greatest king of Israel. Surviving Saul’s insane jealousy, David becomes king and establishes Jerusalem as his stronghold. As a family, talk about how God used David to unite His people and how Jesus will unite all believers.
- December 15: Practice for Christmas Program. The Sunday School children will be doing their annual Christmas program during the 11:00 service on Sunday, December 15. As in past years, there will be parts for both narrators and characters. Information on times for practice sessions will be coming home in December. Please help your children come to these sessions so they will be well-prepared for their parts in the program. If you can help in any other way with the program, please let your child’s Sunday School teachers know. It takes many helpers to attend to all of the details of the program each year!
After the Christmas program on December 15, Sunday School will resume on January 5.